Raul Salcido Named General Manager For The Ritz-Carlton Dubai
Raul Salcido, has joined The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai team as its new General Manager, bringing over 19 years of international and brand experience to the property and the market.
Salcido arrives in the UAE from a three-year stint as General Manager at iconic flagship property, The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco. He is a graduate of the University of Puebla, Mexico, and also holds a Master Certificate in Hospitality Management from Cornell University. He began his professional career at The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, Mexico, in 1993 and worked his way up to senior management level and general manager, at an award-winning property, then on to The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul, as well as divisional leadership for nine high profile hotel openings from the US and the Caribbean to China.
Fresh to the Gulf region, he joins the hotel ahead of the unveiling of the hotel's new inventory in early 2013. "It's an extremely exciting time to be joining The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai as the hotel prepares its new extension, in what will be a turning point for five-star beachfront hospitality as we introduce a raft of new luxury experiences to the market," said Salcido.
The five star hotel, which opened in 1998, was one of the first luxury beachfront resorts in Dubai, and combines the highest levels of hospitality with authentic Middle East tradition in a stunning setting.
Consistently recognized in the Condé Nast Traveller Gold List as number one for service in Africa, the Middle East and Indian Ocean, the ladies and gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai personify the 'Let Us Stay With You' philosophy that defines the brand's legendary service and style.
"I look forward to working together with the team, as well as our local industry partners and the Dubai community, to take the hotel to the next level in a challenging market, but one that recognizes and appreciates the offering behind The Ritz-Carlton name, which continues to put the hotel as one of the market leaders in the region," remarked Salcido.
"Under Raul's leadership, we look forward to marking the next corporate milestone on the road to ongoing success in the region. As the first hotel under The Ritz-Carlton banner in the Gulf, this property has enjoyed a long and distinguished presence which is set to continue as we expand our current product," said Pascal Duchauffour, Vice President Europe & Middle East of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- Ritz-Carlton Announces Two New Hotels in Asia Pacific
- The Nile Ritz-Carlton Hotel Opens in Cairo
- Hotel De La Paix, Geneva to Become a Ritz-Carlton Partner Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton Set To Debut In Mexico City In 2019
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company Unveils New Logo
- CEC Entertainment, Inc. Appoints Dale Black As Chief Financial Officer
- Lacy Novell Morris Named Vice President Of Information Technology for The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
- Harry Yu Named Senior Director of Information Technology for Johnny Rockets
- Ignite Restaurant Group, Inc. Names Robert S. Merritt New Chief Executive Officer
- Dickey's Barbecue Restaurants, Inc. Names Diana LaRocca Chief Marketing Officer