Health Care, Restaurant - Food Service, Hospitality - Hotel
1. Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic. Ability to understand measurements and conversions.
2. A minimum of one year experience as a cook in a hotel, restaurant, club or similar institution.
3. Ability to plan and organize work, to interpret instructions, recipes, specifications and standards.
4. Knowledge of kitchen equipment operations and maintenance. Some knowledge of nutrition and diet.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day. Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day. Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently. Manual dexterity for preparing food. Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. independently. May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time. May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
The Cook is responsible for the preparation of all food items as per standardized recipes. Must have a minimum of one year experience as a cook in a hotel, restaurant, club or similar institution.
1. Prepares all soups, stocks, sauces; boils, braises and roasts items as per standardized recipes.
2. Prepares and serves all sauteed, fried, grilled, steamed and baked items as per standardized recipes.
3. Prepares or directs the preparation of all food served, following standard recipes and special diet orders. Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours, so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food is preserved.
4. Determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus and seeing that supplies are obtained from storage areas in adequate time for meal production.